Why Choose Metropolitan Breastfeeding?
NOW ACCEPTING TRICARE, UNITED, AETNA, CAREFIRST/BLUE CROSS AND CIGNA INSURANCE FOR IN-OFFICE AND HOME VISITS*
*Home visits subject to a travel fee.
Our consultants travel to your home, on short notice, and give you all the tools you need during this special time in your family’s life. You can also come visit one of our conveniently located offices in Bethesda or Columbia where we offer hospital-grade breast pumps and everything else you’ll need to help make life with your new baby easier.
We travel all over the DC Metropolitan area – from Baltimore to Frederick, Northern Virginia to DC – we are there for you to provide all the services you need to meet your breastfeeding goals!
Client Account Access
We know babies don’t understand office hours,
so our support inbox is checked until late at night.
Our team of International Board Certified Lactation Consultants work under the direction of a Nurse Practitioner and we have years of experience working with a diversity of families and breastfeeding situations. You take care of baby – we take care of you.
Breastfeeding in the time of COVID-19
Although times are hard, we want you to know that we are here for you. We at Metropolitan Breastfeeding want you and your family to feel safe and healthy when you come to see us. When you come to our office or we go to your home for lactation evaluation, support, and treatment during the COVID-19 pandemic we will do everything in our power to keep you safe!
- All staff will have their temperature taken at the beginning of the day
- All staff will wear masks, gloves, and gowns when working with patients
- All staff will disinfect any equipment used before each new use
- All staff will practice social distancing to the best of our ability
- We will take our patients’ temperature before their appointments and ask them to fill out a brief screening questionnaire
- We also provide telehealth visits for families that do not feel comfortable coming in and as an initial visit before determining whether an in-person visit is needed
Lastly, in the office, we will only see one patient at a time and allow sufficient time between visits for disinfection practices
Our staff has one goal: to provide sound advice, education, and emotional support for all breastfeeding families. We will continue to work hard to help all families set and achieve their own personal feeding goals while staying safe and reducing the spread of COVID-19!